Friday, February 15, 2013

Oh Memories

With festival season upon us (my bank account has already started to take a hit) it got me thinking about past festival moments...there have been quite a few amazing ones. So for my first post in a billion years I am going to get a bit nostalgic for festie times past...

  • Arcade Fire - Lollapalooza 2010 - There is something about a band where a billion people get on stage and have the time of their lives to make you dance around like a fool in the crowd in full body paint. I am not kidding when I say this was one of the cooler musical moments of my life. The crowd singing along so loud and didn't stop...everyone kept singing long after the band had finished and we were all walking out of the festival grounds.


  • Justice - Coachella 2012 - This was my first time seeing Justice and it lived up to everything that I thought it would. Not only was the music great and I was with my 33 new best friends but we also brought 2,500 glow sticks to the party and made it rain. Billboard even recognized us with a top moment of the music festival. This video was taken from someone right behind our group. 

  • My Morning Jacket - Hangout Festival 2011 - I know I haven't chosen the best video from the show but it is the only one I could find during the amazing sunset. Picture this - you and your 20 new best friends, on the beach, a little toasted, watching Jim James and the crew rock out at their first, post-circultal show. Now add in the sunset over the water. It was magical.  


  • Passion Pit - Bonnaroo 2009 - So this might not have been the best show at Bonnaroo that year, but it was my most memorable. I had hardly ever heard of Passion Pit before this festival, only bits and pieces from my ex-boyfriend who had far better musical taste than me. So here I am after an awesome Chair Lift set waiting for some band that I know from other people is awesome but no first hand knowledge. They come on and my mind was blown. My 4 friends and I were in complete dance-driven awe of this new phenomenon we had discovered. This gave way to the summer that I listened to nothing but Passion Pit...you're welcome 5th year roommates.


Side note - I am just looking back now on the lineup from that Bonnaroo and I can't even begin to say how amazing it was:
  • Passion Pit
  • Delta Spirit
  • Alberta Cross
  • Portugal, The Man
  • Zac Brown Band
  • Janelle Monae
  • Al Green 
  • Beastie Boys
  • Phish
  • Rodrigo y Gabriela
  • Wilco
  • Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
  • Gov't Mule 
  • The Mars Volta
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • Bon Iver
  • Of Montreal
  • The Decemberists
  • Moe. 
  • Jenny Lewis
  • Elvis Costello
  • Yeasayer
  • Ben Harper
  • Kuroma
  • Phish 
  • Band of Horses
  • Neko Case
  • Cage the Elephant
  • Snoop Dog
  • Patterson Hood
  • Animal Collective
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  • TV on the Radio
  • David Byrne
  • Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
  • Grizzly Bear
  • Public Enemy 
  • Paul Oakenfold
  • Dirty Projectors
  • St. Vincent
  • Santigold
  • Ani DiFranco
  • Phoenix
  • Crystal Castles
  • Girl Talk
  • Bela Fleck 
  • Chairlift 









    No comments:

    Post a Comment